What a nice surprise! Nell of the delicious I Need a Feed! blog has nominated HotDish for two awards: The Very Inspiring Blogger Award, and The WordPress Family Award. Thank you, Nell, for nominating my blog. 🙂
I just read on Nell’s blog that she is both gluten and lactose intolerant, and as such enjoys experimenting in the kitchen with alternative ingredients. I’ve been following Nell’s blog for a while, and you certainly wouldn’t guess that she was omitting any key ingredients in the mouthwatering-looking baked goods that she posts! If you aren’t familiar with her blog, I highly recommend checking it out!
As part of the nomination process, I am to share 7 facts about myself:
- My favourite chef is my dad, who taught me most of what I know about cooking.
- I don’t like cilantro. Or oysters. Or muffins. Or pie.
- I’ll take salty over sweet any day. Unless we are talking about dark chocolate.
- When I was a kid, I’d eat mustard on pretty much anything. These days, I’d eat a fried egg on pretty much anything.
- Reading other people’s blogs makes me hungry. I try out a recipe posted by one of my fellow bloggers at least once a week!
- I am a little bit shy about my passion for food, and have told very few people I know about my blog.
- When not blogging I make documentaries, teach film and screenwriting at a local university, and am a mom (not necessarily in that order). 😉
Here are the rules in accepting these nominations (take note, nominees!):
- Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you
- List the rules
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate up to 15 other blogs
- Proudly display the logo on your blog
My list of wonderful nominees:
- Food to Glow – delicious healthy dishes created by a cancer health educator
- Kumain Ka Na Ba? – restaurant reviews by a fun food-tripping Filipino couple
- Dosirakbento – Korean and Japanese inspired lunchbox ideas
- For the Love of Ghee – tasty Indian, African, and British dishes
- Goan Imports – yummy recipes inspired by Goan culture
- Food For Fun – fun recipes that celebrate the joy of cooking
- Superfoodista – beautiful recipes containing superfood ingredients
- Matalauva – delightful Spanish goodies created by a baker in Barcelona
- Food Like Cake – lots and lots of mouthwatering desserts
- My Favourite Pastime – tons of fantastic recipes by a prolific Canadian cook
- Vittle Monster – restaurant reviews by San Francisco-based foodie
- Chitra’s Healthy Kitchen – Indian and other dishes with a healthy makeover