What a nice surprise! Nell of the delicious I Need a Feed! blog has nominated HotDish for two awards: The Very Inspiring Blogger Award, and The WordPress Family Award. Thank you, Nell, for nominating my blog. 🙂
I just read on Nell’s blog that she is both gluten and lactose intolerant, and as such enjoys experimenting in the kitchen with alternative ingredients. I’ve been following Nell’s blog for a while, and you certainly wouldn’t guess that she was omitting any key ingredients in the mouthwatering-looking baked goods that she posts! If you aren’t familiar with her blog, I highly recommend checking it out!
As part of the nomination process, I am to share 7 facts about myself:
- My favourite chef is my dad, who taught me most of what I know about cooking.
- I don’t like cilantro. Or oysters. Or muffins. Or pie.
- I’ll take salty over sweet any day. Unless we are talking about dark chocolate.
- When I was a kid, I’d eat mustard on pretty much anything. These days, I’d eat a fried egg on pretty much anything.
- Reading other people’s blogs makes me hungry. I try out a recipe posted by one of my fellow bloggers at least once a week!
- I am a little bit shy about my passion for food, and have told very few people I know about my blog.
- When not blogging I make documentaries, teach film and screenwriting at a local university, and am a mom (not necessarily in that order). 😉
Here are the rules in accepting these nominations (take note, nominees!):
- Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you
- List the rules
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate up to 15 other blogs
- Proudly display the logo on your blog
My list of wonderful nominees:
- Food to Glow – delicious healthy dishes created by a cancer health educator
- Kumain Ka Na Ba? – restaurant reviews by a fun food-tripping Filipino couple
- Dosirakbento – Korean and Japanese inspired lunchbox ideas
- For the Love of Ghee – tasty Indian, African, and British dishes
- Goan Imports – yummy recipes inspired by Goan culture
- Food For Fun – fun recipes that celebrate the joy of cooking
- Superfoodista – beautiful recipes containing superfood ingredients
- Matalauva – delightful Spanish goodies created by a baker in Barcelona
- Food Like Cake – lots and lots of mouthwatering desserts
- My Favourite Pastime – tons of fantastic recipes by a prolific Canadian cook
- Vittle Monster – restaurant reviews by San Francisco-based foodie
- Chitra’s Healthy Kitchen – Indian and other dishes with a healthy makeover
Ha ha don’t we all hide our blogs from the people we know….I just started telling a few people about my blog, this year. I love cilantro and muffins….te he he…and I love pies too. Can you give me a link or title of one of your documentaries? I love film but have no idea how they’re made. Have a wonderful week!
I’m so glad to hear that I’m not the only one that feels that way!
I force myself to eat stuff with cilantro and even to cook with it, because it is in so many delicious foods. And I do like muffins that eat more like a dessert (ie. those pumpkin chocolate chip muffins you posted look great!).
Thank you sweetie. You have made my day – maybe my week.
Hi Dad!! I hope that means you’ll come visit and cook for us again soon! 😉 xox
Congratulations on receiving the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Your awesome blog is certainly deserving. And thanks for nominating Vittle Monster, yay!
Thank you, Vittlemonster. You know I love your blog. 😉
Thanks so much for nominating me for the WordPress Family award. It’s my first award so I’m super excited. Thanks again HD!
You’re very welcome! Looking forward to reading more of your blog!
Hello SDHD 🙂 Congratulations my friend. Ralph xox ❤
Thank you, Ralph! 🙂
You’re welcome ❤ 😀
Thank you so, so much for the nomination and the mini bio! I too much prefer savoury over sweet (as you will no doubt realise). I also kept my blog quiet from friends and relatives for AGES, but when I shared my secret I was overwhelmed with the reaction. Moral of this sentence – SHARE YOUR BLOG!! All best, Kellie 🙂
You’re welcome! I’m sure your friends and family were blown away by your blog–it is incredible and should be winning all sorts of awards. I’m still waiting for the cookbook! 😉 Best of luck!!
Thank you, friend 🙂 Fun to learn a bit more about you. Especially intrigued by your career–very cool! And lol, I can’t imagine not letting people know about my blog. Folks I know offline can’t shut me up about food food food! Love that you’re a closet foodie 😉
Thank you Liz! 🙂 I love that you are all about having fun with food, and am a big admirer of your approach!
Congratulations and Thank you very much for the nomination. Apologies for the late response. Really intrigued with the #2 of the “7 facts about myself”. Hooray for fried eggs! 🙂 But we’re still in love with mustard hehehehe. 🙂
Hi, nice to hear from you guys! Happy new year. 🙂 I do have some strange food aversions. But I have forced myself to get used to cilantro as there are just too many delicious foods out there that use it as an ingredient! 😉